Saturday, August 8, 2009

blast from the past

If you had asked me 5 years ago what I'd be doing today, I definitely would never of said, working out at a gym or even caring about health and nutrition!

Rewind to senior year of high school:
basically for most of my high school years, I was stubborn and loved to argue, I also fell into the wrong crowd, had low self esteem, and never thought about tomorrow. I pretty much walked around with my middle fingers up in the air and wanted to tell everyone to go screw! I also smoked like an old war vet, and didn't want to give it up. Said I was gonna smoke for the rest of my life, and enjoyed it.
After graduation, my school host a "all night grad party" to keep students from getting drunk and driving. They keep it entertaining by hiring a DJ and a mechanical bull and other carnival goodies. One of the features was a card reader, so I signed up, and went to go see what she had to say, knowing that I was right and nothing she said was true. Well low and behold she told me that she saw me in the health field, I of course scoffed in her face and said "I smoke 2 packs a day!!!" she proceeded to say that the cards didn't read for the present but in the future I was to be in the health field.

Fast Forwarded 5 years:
Luckily I have been smoke free for about close to maybe 3 years now, honestly I don't know what made me quit, all I know is that one day I was with a nonsmoking friend and we just drove around all day. but the end of the day I had realized that I had yet to smoke a single cigarette, so I took what I had left of my pack, and threw it out the window. I knew that I didn't need it anymore, and that was probably the best thing I did for myself. I have also gone on, to study to be a personal trainer, I take great pride in working out and living a healthy lifestyle.

It's crazy how life works out, I never thought that I'd be doing the things I do today 5 years ago, but I don't ever look back and wish to change anything. I am who I am because everything that has gone on in my life. and I am just truly happy with how things are turning out!

No comments:

Post a Comment